This review is about an experience I have had with my local Jewel Foods store, located at Grand and Hunt Club Rd. in Gurnee. A month ago, I asked that the manager in charge of dry goods, particularly the cereal area give me a call regarding the removal of a product(Barbara's Honey Rice Puffins) They stopped carrying it and I wanted to just know why and to see if I could special order it. Never got a call, they carry the other types of Puffins just none of the rice ones. (I am gluten intolerant, but also, my grandson just loved them.) To make a long story short, I have left my name and number at this store three times. Never ever has anyone called me back, I go in and get the run around about, this guy didn't get it or the real manager was on vacation, my last attempt was this Monday, I purposely went to customer service and asked again about ordering the cereal. The young lady at customer service talked into her microphone to whom she said was the manager and then I placed the order. She was told that it could be had and would be available by noon today. She wrote my name and number down on a piece of paper and told me she would take care of it.Today, I went in to see if it had arrived. Lo and Behold, no cereal. The note she wrote and put in the little box was not there and an entirely different young lady supposedly talked to THE MANAGER in charge of the cereal area and I was told he knew nothing about the request or anyone inquiring about the cereal. I am truly just at a loss for words as too how poorly this store is operated. I have avoided asking to speak to the manager, as I am afraid that that person is fictitious too.
More Review Details
|Layout of Store|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Barbaras Honey Rice Puffins
- Review category
- Food Stores
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This year we decided to order Publix ready made thanksgiving dinner. We were totally disappointed and we're glad we didn't have guest, it was the worst meal we have..."
- "2/1/2014 I opened a can of Harris Teeter Wild Mushroom Bisque Soup (you know, the one they sell in the refrigerated section), and made a bowl of soup. ..."
- "I am going to post this until everybody knows, and hope they change their spending habits... A different store could use the business... Wal-Mart has lost mine. Wal-Mart is so..."
- "Thank you, 304monarch, Typically I'm pretty good at not feeling shameful in regards to google price checking or looking at product reviews I need in front of whoever before purchasing..."
- "Lowe's Customer Service is horrible. I shopped online and put 3 items into my shopping cart, a total cost of $60-something. What happened next, the truck delivery charges are displayed..."
- "I just received my package today. I was really excited about my new shoes until I opened the box. The box was well packed though. When I opened the box,..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."
- "My son and family have a PMB box in this UPS store. For 3 years, my grandchildren NEVER get their cards I send to them. Gift cards, checks, once cash,..."